Performance, Culture, and the Book:
A Conference Honoring the Work of Claire Sponsler
Friday, August 25 and Saturday, August 26, 2017
A conference honoring the work of Claire Sponsler (1954-2016), M.F. Carpenter Professor of English at the University of Iowa, award-winning scholar of medieval studies and performance.
Kathleen Ashley, Distinguished Professor of English (emerita), University of Southern Maine: “Claire’s Keywords.”
Jody Enders, Distinguished Professor of French at the University of California—Santa Barbara: “The Absent Presence of Medieval Tragedy.”
Jeff Porter, Professor of English, University of Iowa: “Planet Claire: A Love Story.”
All events are free and open to all. Conference sessions will take place in the English-Philosophy Building of the University of Iowa. For further details, contact Jonathan Wilcox (firstname.lastname@example.org), Department of English, University of Iowa, or Joelle Petersen (email@example.com).
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact The English Department in advance at (319) 335-0454.
- Rob Barrett, Department of English, University of Illinois;
- Robert Clark, Department of French, Kansas State University;
- Judith Coleman, Department of English, Delta State University;
- Theresa Coletti, Department of English, University of Maryland;
- Glenn Ehrstine, Department of German, University of Iowa;
- Max Harris, Institute for Research in the Humanities, University of Wisconsin;
- Vickie Larsen and John Pendell, Department of English, University of Michigan—Flint;
- Kim Marra, Department of Theatre Arts and American Studies, University of Iowa;
- Michael Moore, Department of History, University of Iowa;
- Susie Phillips, Department of English, Northwestern University;
- Ann Pleiss Morris, Department of English, Ripon College, WI;
- Amy Mulligan, Department of Irish, Notre Dame University.
- Carol Symes, Department of History and Medieval Studies, University of Illinois.