Creative Writing Seminars
Applying for Admission to the English & Creative Writing Seminars
Applicants must have declared the English & Creative Writing major and they must have reached sophomore standing, with at least 24 hours completed at the University of Iowa. Transfer students who fall under this amount should consult with the English Honors Program director.
Submit your portfolio during the one-week window, by way of the online portal. Information about steps to take for this webform application process is available below.
Fall 2019 Seminars in creative writing will be ENGL 4012: Honors Seminar in Fiction taught by Prof. Louisa Hall and ENGL 4014: Honors Seminar in Creative Nonfiction taught by Prof. Jeff Porter.
Submission Guidelines for Honors Seminars in Fiction and Nonfiction – FALL 2019
- Submissions are accepted through this webform (https://workflow.uiowa.edu/form/english-cwh-portfolios) for one week only: February 18-25. Submissions received outside that period may not be considered.
- In the webform, select either FICTION or NONFICTION. You may submit to only one course, not to both.
- Upload, as a single file, up to 15 pages of FICTION or 15 pages of NONFICTION. This may be one piece, multiple short pieces, or part of a larger project, as long as the document does not exceed 15 pages in length (double-spaced). Submissions above 15 pages may be disqualified.
- Please use standard manuscript format (double-spaced, 12-point type, margins of at least one inch, pages numbered).
- Again, you may only submit to one of the courses. Multiple submissions may be disqualified.
Call for applications: Monday, February 18
Application deadline: Monday, February 25
Report-back date: by Friday, March 29
Early registration: Monday, April 8